Tuesday, March 20, 2007

Somethin' new...




Well, this is what I've been working on lately....designing dolls with a new look (or should I say new size), not as mini as I used to make (only 2-3" inch). Stands at approx. 8.5-10" , these biggie size critter dolls are 100% hand-crafted (my signature artwork is always done by hand). Perhaps when I'm getting better with my sewing machine, I'd make even larger size dolls maybe using fabric rather than felt material (which I still use for these new ones). I'm loving it...making bigger dolls is not as tedious as smaller ones...but the joy stays the same though....I just love love love creating dolls and have so much fun playing with hand stitching those dolls. The design and the drawing took awhile for me to complete -- I have the idea in my head; but when I start drawing and cutting the material and trying to sew it together -- sometimes it doesn't always work! heh...and back to square one. But I think I am happy with the outcome so far and just getting better at it! ok then talk later...

No comments: