Friday, January 12, 2007

The first time I use my sewing machine...


Believe me....this is the first time in my life I sew using a sewing machine! It reminds me back to those times when I used to sit next to you mom, watching you sew those nifty uniform and dresses for me. It was a looooooong time ago ...like 20 years ago - gosh sewing my high school uniform? You just made the perfect skirt for me, make my wide hip looks smaller somehow hahah...(sigh) If only you live closer to me and teach me how to master this new gadget. Unlike yours, this sewing machine is small, portable and computerized so it's not as heavy, bulky and scary as your sewing machine, Mom! Your "Singer" is so intimidating, that's why I never have the guts to learn using it. But if only I learned the sewing technique from you back then, well, I'd probably be an expert by now.

Well anyway, I've been familiarizing myself with the machine and so far so good, no big errors along the way. Voila, this is my first piece made by using sewing machine...a little leisure bag. Very simple, very basic ha ha...but I'm proud of it.

No comments: